Legal Services, Currency Exchange and Surveys
We have partnerships with a number of English-speaking French notaires (notaries) who we can engage to handle the conveyancing process for you. We can advise you on the best way of dealing with the issues raised by the difference in the law governing inheritance of property in France from UK law.
Should your situation be more complex, we can find you a UK solicitor specialising in European property law to give you guidance. This is especially recommended if you are not going to be present at the signing of the deed of sale, or if you still have English property.
We can introduce you to currency exchange specialists who will help you minimise the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on your purchase, and ensure that funds are transmitted smoothly from the UK to France.
Should you wish to have a survey, our Surveyor can provide you with a UK-style survey report, speedily, and for a pre-determined fee. We know the local suppliers, and can find you someone to maintain your central heating system or fit that satellite dish. We will be there to point you to that shop that specialises in …
|Links to financial and technical services
- Tax and Investments
- Kentingtons Simon Verity, your Tax and Investment Consultant in France
- HIFX PLC Foreign Exchange and Currency Transfer Brokerage
- Technical Surveys
Links about starting your dayly comfort (Electricity, Gaz, Removals, Telephones, Water and so on)
Links to Real Estate Market Umbrella Organizations
- ANIL Agence Nationale pour l’Information sur le Logement: National Housing Information Board
- Partners of ANIL The National Housing Information Board (non-profit) proposes links to its members (in french)
- ADIL Departemental Housing Information for the consumer (only in french)
- QUALITEL Real estate federation of all important actors in order to improve the quality of living (only in french)